Options

Azure Multi-factor authentication for Dynamics NAV 2016

apapapap Member Posts: 67
Hi everyone,
do you know if Microsoft supports Multi factor authentication for Dynamics NAV 2016 in Azure or has anybody work with it?

Indirectly, i assume it is working if we configure the NAV users to use the AccessControlService credential type, so we can associate the Microsoft Dynamics NAV user accounts with Azure AD accounts that users use to access the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Web client, Microsoft Dynamics NAV Windows client, Office 365, and SharePoint.
Then if we configure/enable the single sign on capability of NAV server, we can either connect the multi factor authentication through the azure active directory and use the Multi-Factor Authentication in the cloud or through the office 365 – if we specify an authentication email address on the Office 365 Authentication FastTab in the User Card window and use the Multi-Factor Authentication for Office 365.
So, it seems it should be working, i am configuring the servers to test it today, but i am asking if anybody has specific experience,or has read something from Microsoft.

Thanks in advance

Answers

• Options
    njwardnjward Member Posts: 38
    Hello,
    How did you get on with multi-factor authentication? We are also looking at implementing this and it would be good to have your feedback.

Thanks

Nick