Options

Posting the cost in an old date

HayanHayan Member Posts: 110
Dear All,

I am facing this problem with my client, the System is posting cost on an old entries in a period that is closed and the audit report is extracted, so this is making a problem because it is always changing the COGS account in an old period, is there a solution for that I can stop this and make it post in a new date for COGS or there is a work around that might work in this case?

Best
HAYAN

Answers

• Options
    matt_quelchmatt_quelch Member Posts: 6
    Hello Hayan,

You can use either General Ledger Setup, Allowed Posting From date; or if you want more control you can use Inventory Periods to define exactly which periods users can post inventory adjustments into.

Regards,
    Matt
  • Options
    HayanHayan Member Posts: 110
    Hey, but if I used allow posting then the system will not post into that period and it will stop the system from working which I don't want to do this.

Best
    HAYAN
  • Options
    KowaKowa Member Posts: 918
    edited 2016-08-02
    Hayan wrote: »
    "then the system will not post into that period and it will stop the system from working"
    NAV will then use the first day of the earliest inventory period instead for adjustments. The "Allow posting from" in the User Setup for the user who has started the Item Cost Adjustment must be as far back as this date, or earlier. Report 795 and/or 1002 evaluate only the General Ledger Setup "Allow posting from", whereas any generated cost corrections are made using the regular Gen. Journal Lines, which validate the user settings when these are posted.
    Kai Kowalewski