Options

CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER - creates a new document but the cursor is in the lines, not the header

awarnawarn Member Posts: 261
In NAV 2016, the customer has a large stack of PO's to enter. Wants to do so without using the mouse. In 2013 - this was not an issue.

Presses new on the list, opens the document.
Enters header details, tabs right down to the lines.
Enters the lines, then presses CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER, which closes the screen and opens a new screen with the header / lines initialized (this is the shortcut to the OK+New function). BUT - her cursor is on the lines, not in the header.
Short of pressing SHIFT+TAB 8 times to get back up to the vendor no. field, is there any way to have the new record default with the cursor in the header? Seems odd to act this way.

I'd be open to a new shortcut or code to have this work the way that makes sense (to me anyway). Thanks for any ideas.

Best Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    OK thanks, I sort of wish the cursor would go back up to the header on a new document (less clicks) but this is sort of a workaround.

Thanks

Answers

• Options
    KappaKappa Member Posts: 23
    I'm unaware of a single shortcut, but what I always do:
    - Press Arrow Down once so a new line is created
    - Press Ctrl + Arrow Left to move to the first field of the line
  • Options
    Thanks Kappa - but I want a whole new document to show up, with the cursor on the header so the user can start entering a brand new document.
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    OK thanks, I sort of wish the cursor would go back up to the header on a new document (less clicks) but this is sort of a workaround.

Thanks