Options

Import bank statement option field not supported

salnavsalnav Member Posts: 6
Hi,

We are trying to import bank statements but are getting an error when trying to post the bank account reconciliation.
We get the error "Statement status must be equal to Bank Acc. Entry Applied in BACS Ledger Entry: Entry No.=1 Current value is Open.".
Upon further investigation I found that if I run the Suggest Lines instead of importing a statement it posts OK.
I followed the code & found that when using this method, for BACS type entries, the process edits the BACS Ledger Entry records field "Statement Status" to "BACS Entry Applied" which then allows posting to go through later.
However, when I import the statement from a csv file, this does not happen & we get the error above.
I noticed that for imported statements, the "Type" field for all lines is Bank Account so the BACS lines are not being identified.
I then tried adding a new field to the data exchange definition to add the type field but I then get an error "The type column is mapped to a Option field, which is not supported".

Any idea how I get around this?

Answers

• Options
    salnavsalnav Member Posts: 6
    Looks like there was a cumulative update that changed the behaviour of when posting reconciliation for BACS entreis. Code used to set BACS ledger Entries even if in the statement page the type of entry was set to Bank ledger Entry. Chaning the code back to this enabled the user to import statement & not have to go through all the lines to set type to BACS ledger entry.