Options

File upload to webserver

InnerCodeInnerCode Member Posts: 8
Hi all,

I've build a codeunit that runs a report and save that as an xlsx. After that it must be uploaded to a webserver.

I can do a HTTP request using the Automation object "Microsoft XML, v6.0.XMLHTTP60" but it seems that it only supports text.

Than I tried to convert the file to a base64 string by using the DotNet mscorlib System.Convert component but it don't work and hangs on a "Ambiguous function call, no matching method found" error. That error can occur when the function have nullable fields. I don't know how to resolve that.

So, does someone know how to upload a file using HTTP? I'm stuck for 3 days now.

Many thanks in advance

Best Answer

• Options
    lyngelynge Member Posts: 85
    Answer ✓
    Hi

I've used System.Convert.'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' for same purpose with success like this:
    ---
    XMLElementField := XMLDocument.CreateElement(Name2XMLEntry(ElementName));
    IF EXISTS(URL) THEN BEGIN
    PictureFile.OPEN(URL);
    PictureFile.CREATEINSTREAM(InStream);
    MemoryStream := MemoryStream.MemoryStream;
    COPYSTREAM(MemoryStream, InStream);
    XMLElementField.AppendChild(XMLDocument.CreateTextNode(Convert.ToBase64String(MemoryStream.GetBuffer)));
    END;
    XMLElementTable.AppendChild(XMLElementField);
    ---

I also use:
    System.IO.MemoryStream.'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'

Answers

• Options
    lyngelynge Member Posts: 85
    Answer ✓
    Hi

I've used System.Convert.'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' for same purpose with success like this:
    ---
    XMLElementField := XMLDocument.CreateElement(Name2XMLEntry(ElementName));
    IF EXISTS(URL) THEN BEGIN
    PictureFile.OPEN(URL);
    PictureFile.CREATEINSTREAM(InStream);
    MemoryStream := MemoryStream.MemoryStream;
    COPYSTREAM(MemoryStream, InStream);
    XMLElementField.AppendChild(XMLDocument.CreateTextNode(Convert.ToBase64String(MemoryStream.GetBuffer)));
    END;
    XMLElementTable.AppendChild(XMLElementField);
    ---

I also use:
    System.IO.MemoryStream.'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
  • Options
    InnerCodeInnerCode Member Posts: 8
    lynge: You rock! Many thanks for your example code!!