Options

Navision 2015 data update from sql server database.

george175george175 Member Posts: 26
edited 2016-07-04 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all,

I have one question for you. When I update some data(big sql procedure for update or import data from excel with lot of columns ) , for example in Item tablem , with UPDATE query in sql server, I can see change with select query in sql, but if i go into NAV , I dont see change sometimes and i have to restart instance service in NAV Administration. If I modify updated record in client aplication i get error that "Another user has modified the record on database server"

Anybody know, why is this happeing?
What I have to do in NAV or in sql server, to see data update in NAV, instead restart aplication server?

thx for answers,

Answers

• Options
    Peter+is1Peter+is1 Member Posts: 174
    Hi,

NAV tables in SQL have a timestamp field (an internal counter / tracker for changes on a record) that you probably do not use / update.
    Could that be the explanation?

Good luck.
    \\
    The truth exists in seven versions.
  • Options
    Peter+is1 wrote: »
    Hi,

NAV tables in SQL have a timestamp field (an internal counter / tracker for changes on a record) that you probably do not use / update.
    Could that be the explanation?

Good luck.

Oh thx, I thought, this is it. It is posible to generate new timestamp value in update query?
  • Options
    Peter+is1Peter+is1 Member Posts: 174
    Have not tried this myself but is is an integer. You can try and update (+1) it yourself in SQL.
    Think that it is tricky and you could still have ""Another user has modified the record on database server"" errors but maybe you test it.

Let us know what you find!
    \\
    The truth exists in seven versions.
  • Options
    OK, i tested it now. I updated one record with my procedure. Timestamp value has changed from 0x000000000ECFD55 to 0x000000000ED0551. I can se update on sql server, but not in NAV still. When I change one value in NAV for this record, for example description, i will get error "Another user has modified the record for this Item after you retreived it from the database. Enter your changes again in the updated window, or start the interrupted activity again"
  • Options
    So finally , i found Update button on Item list in NAV, which update all records from sql server.