Options

NAV on Azure scrolling speed

NicolaiHNicolaiH Member Posts: 23
edited 2016-06-30 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

We have moved a couple of customers from our on-premise servers where they ran NAV as a remote app to Azure where they are using a ClickOnce client. The customers are complaining about the scrolling speed in NAV since it's much slower than what they are used to. I have recorded a short video that shows the scrolling speed, first in the ClickOnce client, which is slow, and then compared to the NAV client running the same database but the client is running locally on the NAV service-tier server. I'm constantly scrolling up and down using the arrow keys, but as you can see the ClickOnce client is quite slow at updating.

kortlink.dk/mnpe

If the client could just cache a large amount of records I believe the problem would be solved, but I cannot find any settings that let me change this.

Does anyone in here have any suggestions?

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    mdPartnerNLmdPartnerNL Member Posts: 802
    in this list page there are some flowfields.. or is it always slow?
  • Options
    Some pages works much better, but that might be because they have fewer records. My colleague showed me an interesting thing today, if I scroll with the mouse, either the scroll wheel og by clicking the scrollbar and moving it up and down, it works perfectly and updates the screen instantly. But when I use the up and down arrow the performance is just terrible. Also I tried hiding the flowfield, it did not have any impact (don't know if they're calculated anyways?).
  • Options
    mdPartnerNLmdPartnerNL Member Posts: 802
    yes, remove the flowfields. check the onafterget events and remove all for eliminating the problem
  • Options
    I'm afraid we can't remove the flowfields from every page that has this problem. But since the problem only occurs when using arrow keys and not when using the mouse wheel for scrolling, it must be something Microsoft has to fix. I have written a suggestion on Microsoft Connect.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Peter+is1Peter+is1 Member Posts: 174
    To elaborate on the suggestion of mdPartnerNL.
    When you use the arrows you are 'selecting' each individual record 'row by agonizing row', when you scroll you do not select each individual record.
    \\
    The truth exists in seven versions.
  • Options
    Thank you both, now I understand :D