Options

new project but will not used default database of Nav

hello. im a newbie in Development side in Nav. I have a question, is it possible that I can use the database of my old application? any ideas ? thanks in advance..

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    archer89archer89 Member Posts: 337
    if your old application is an older nav version, then you can do an object and data upgrade.
    if not, then it's needed that you export the needed data from the old app/db and import it to nav using rapidstart or xmlports. to get the needed functionalities in nav from the old app, you should work together with a nav partner.
    best regards
    Franz Kalchmair, MVP
    Alias: Jonathan Archer

please like / agree / verify my answer, if it was helpful for you. thx.
    Blog: http://moxie4nav.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    jhanvincent14jhanvincent14 Member Posts: 214
    archer89 wrote: »
    if your old application is an older nav version, then you can do an object and data upgrade.
    if not, then it's needed that you export the needed data from the old app/db and import it to nav using rapidstart or xmlports. to get the needed functionalities in nav from the old app, you should work together with a nav partner.

My Old Application is Customized application from Visual Studio. is it okay ?
  • Options
    archer89archer89 Member Posts: 337
    do you want to continue the usage of the old app ? if yes, do you want a data exchange between old app and nav ? if no, then it's needed that you export the needed data from old app and import it using nav rapidstart. to get the functionalities from old app please work together with a nav partner.
    best regards
    Franz Kalchmair, MVP
    Alias: Jonathan Archer

please like / agree / verify my answer, if it was helpful for you. thx.
    Blog: http://moxie4nav.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    jhanvincent14jhanvincent14 Member Posts: 214
    do you want to continue the usage of the old app ? if yes, do you want a data exchange between old app and nav ? if no, then it's needed that you export the needed data from old app and import it using nav rapidstart. to get the functionalities from old app please work together with a nav partner.

No. I just wan't to transfer the Database from my Old app to Navision. I just to Get the G/L entries for accounting purposes from my Old Application's database
  • Options
    Peter+is1Peter+is1 Member Posts: 174

Like stated above: use Rapidstart! just google on "Set Up a Company With RapidStart Services".

Good luck.
    \\
    The truth exists in seven versions.