Options

error after cumulative update 20 Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client has stopped working

taith69taith69 Member Posts: 6
When you try to execute an object from whitin the development environment you get an error from windows : Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client has stopped working

a workaround is to execute the development environment with amministrative rights

Someone have the same issue?

Answers

• Options
    Peter+is1Peter+is1 Member Posts: 174
    Someone had the same problem with 2016 CU8.
    \\
    The truth exists in seven versions.
  • Options
    taith69taith69 Member Posts: 6
    thanks.
    Two in distress make sorrow less...
  • Options
    Hi,

Found a detailed error...

Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Types.Exceptions.NavSqlDatabaseSyncException was unhandled
    Message: An unhandled exception of type 'Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Types.Exceptions.NavSqlDatabaseSyncException' occurred in Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.Builder.dll
    Additional information: Metadata is not in sync for table with ID 17. Please try again later or contact your system administrator.

I just have to find out what server instance it is trying to connect to...
    \\
  • Options
    Got it...

Use powershell (on the server as administrator) and do a sync.
    Sync-NAVTenant -ServerInstance NAVJP -Force -Mode ForceSync

\\
  • Options
    sylvainroysylvainroy Member Posts: 12
    I have the same exact problem. Running anything from the object designer or trying to start the debugger from the Development environment crashes the client. Opening the RTC client on its own works fine. I do not think it is related to a cumulative update as we are running this on a terminal server and other developers are OK.

Tried deleting the configuration file, zup file, setting the registry key, Sync-NAVTenant but still...

The only work around is to run as Administrator.

Very strange - did anybody found something ?