Options

Import G/L Budget in NAV2016 bug?

TomigsTomigs Member Posts: 85
Hi all,

I'm doing some tests with the G/L Budgets, import / export from Excel in NAV2016 (Build 43897), and I'm not getting the expected results (the same works well with a NAV2015 version).

I do the following test in the Cronus UK company:
Go to G/L budget "2017". Filter view by Month. I focus on the account number 6220, that has a budgeted amount of -12,410.00 eur for January 2017.
I simply export this information to an Excel file (Start date 01/01/17, number of periods 3, period length months, filter per accounts 6*).
It is exported correctly to an Excel file.
In the Excel file I do a change in the 6220 account changing the budgeted amount from -12,410 eur to -30,000 eur for January 2017.
Then I import back with replace entries option, the exported Excel file.
I would expect the the amount to have changed but nothing happens.

If I do a similar test in NAV2015 Cronus (for the "2016" budget), then it does import the entries.

I have seen in the report 81 - "Import Budget from Excel" that the only dataItem "BudgetBuf" is with the "Temporary" property = Yes, as opposed to the NAV2015 version. I'm doing some tests and seems to work if I change the temporary property to No.

Do you know if there is anything reported in this. Have you noticed if this happen to you?

Thanks,

Tomas

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Thanks Kirshorm, that looks promising. I am working with NAV2016 build 42815 and I see in the lists of hotfixes, that for build 43402 there is the following:
    376272 - G/L budgets do not export and import as in Dynamics NAV 2015.
    So I want to give it a go.
    I haven't been able to test it yet, as for some reason I'm not able to download the cumulative updates from the partnersource: for some links there is an error and for some others it does ask me for the email to send the link to but I don't receive it. Maybe there is something wrong with my microsoft partner account.
    I'll update the thread when I manage to test this.
  • Options
    Ok, finally tested it: Kishorm, yes, you are right: in this build (46045) the budget issue is solved.

As far as I can tell the only difference with my build version, related to the budgets was the temporary property = No in the report 81, but not sure if there are any other objects modified.

Many thanks.
    Tomas