How to generate a Zebra Printer readable file

anjumianjumi Member Posts: 10
edited 2005-06-28 in Navision Financials
Hi Dear

Is there any way that I can geneate a Zebra Printer readable file from Customer table in Navision 3.70. Our client wants to print lables from Navision using Zebra printer. I have got ZPL II user manual with me but to unerstand all the commands is very time consuming. Is there any OCX etc., available which can automatically generate Zera Printer readable file?

Comments

• jmjm Member Posts: 156
    Hi anjumi,

why do you want to read the printer file?
    You can install the Zebra windows driver and use the printer in Navision as a normal printer.
    You only have to take care of the property "PaperSize" in the report properties.
    This is not the fastest way to access a Zebra printer, but it is the inexpensivest.

br
    Josef Metz
    br
    Josef Metz
  • anjumianjumi Member Posts: 10
    jm wrote:
    Hi anjumi,

why do you want to read the printer file?
    You can install the Zebra windows driver and use the printer in Navision as a normal printer.
    You only have to take care of the property "PaperSize" in the report properties.
    This is not the fastest way to access a Zebra printer, but it is the inexpensivest.

br
    Josef Metz

Hi Josef
    Thanks a lot for the advice.
    The problem is that Navision server is in the office but Zebra printer is linked to a Non-Navision Server and both the server and the Zebra printer are installed in their Warehouse. The Zebra printer prints labels for boxes in the Warehouse. Therefore, I want Navision to produce a file which Zebra printer can use it to produce Labels.

Best Regards
    Ikram
    Ikram Anjum
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    How about Sharing The Printer On The Network?
  • jmjm Member Posts: 156
    Hi,

i agree with Savatage, but if this is not possible then:
    - install the printer driver in the office and print to a file.
    - copy this file to the warehouse and there to the printer.

another way is to export all customer to Excel and in the warehouse print
    with single Excel lines a label on the printer.

br
    Josef Metz
    br
    Josef Metz