Options

RDLC Report - Change Orientation

QWERT_QWERT_ Member Posts: 13
I have been creating an RDLC report, which is supposed to create Labels 6cm x 2,5cm. When I define my report size it always puts the report in landscape (because the width is greater than the height, I assume), now the label printer expects my report definition to be 6cm wide and 2,5cm high, when in portrait mode.

How do I create an RDLC report oriented in portrait mode, being 6cm wide and 2,5cm high?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    RockWithNAVRockWithNAV Member Posts: 1,139
    Open Visual Studio and navigate to Report Properties.

See below screenshot.

q8r3w5si66v1.png
  • Options
    @RockWithNAV that was also my go to method, now try to add my values to your report definition 6cm wide and 2,5cm high and see if you can make it stay in portrait mode.
  • Options
    RockWithNAVRockWithNAV Member Posts: 1,139
    Hey Friend,

Apology if you already did this but still I am wondering -

Whenever we define the orientation as Po-trait then Width comes as around 27 cm and height 21 cm. Now if we are taking any label inside this orientation with 6 cm wide and 2.5 cm high then how come it can convert this as Landscape until and unless width extend beyond 27. I did and it works as a charm with portrait mode only.
  • Options
    Peter+is1 wrote: »
    Hi,

In the rdl itself there is no 'orientation' node. I think the designer 'makes up' the orientation according to width and height.
    Not 100% sure about anything outside of Report Designer but I would say it is not possible.

Unfortunatly, I think that you are right.
    I have found that the only way to fix the orientation is by forcing the Printer to change the orientation.