Options

Question about Versions

DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
one of our customers is planning to upgrade from 3.7 C/SIDE to 4.0 SQL, and simultaneously we're working on an integration project that involves NAS that they will use once they are on 4.0.

When the client installed NAS 4.0 on the test machine, they said that the installation program removed the 3.70 database server. They re-installed the 3.7 db server and say that everything works again, but I am worried that the NAS will cause conflicts at some point.

Does anybody have any tips on how to set this up? So in short, I need on one machine:
3.7 database server
NAS 4.0

It's 'just' the test server, but I'd like to help my customer keep this environment reliable.

Comments

• Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    is it a Cost Issue not getting a 2nd server?
  • Options
    I haven't discussed that particular topic, but I don't think they'll want to buy an additional test server if they'd only use it for a few months. It would become obsolete as soon as the upgrade is done.
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    text removed - don't want to go off topic O:)
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    DenSter wrote:
    When the client installed NAS 4.0 on the test machine, they said that the installation program removed the 3.70 database server.

I never heard that installing Application server uninstall Database server... #-o

Are you sure that they did not install Database server and not Application Server??? I have 3.70 server and NAS 4.00 on one machine without problems...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    That's what I said Kine... and I asked them, but they insist they only installed NAS. I don't know if it actually uninstalled it. The customer said the database server was removed from the services list. I was also thinking maybe they used the same name for NAS that they used for the server. We should just have unlimited access to customer's networks eh ;).

They un-installed and re-installed the database server 3.7 and everything seems to go ok now though.

Thanks for confirming that you can run both at the same time.