Options

Reversing sales invoice transactions

CharlehCharleh Member Posts: 44
When trying to reverse some sales invoice transactions in the Customer Ledger Entry form Navision throws an error saying that 'you can only reverse entries that were posted from a journal'. If I find this piece of code on the Reversal Entry table and comment it out, the reversals seem to work fine.

Is there a good reason why there is this limitation in Navision? I need to be able to reverse some Invoice transactions after they are imported and posted for a client.

If I comment out this line temporarily so that I can complete the invoice import, will there be any forseeable problems.

(The only diff on the lines I can spot is there is no journal template name)
Charleh

Comments

• Options
    SbhatSbhat Member Posts: 301
    The clean way to do this would be to issue credit memo to the customer which would wash the transaction off in Cust. ledger entry table and re-issue the invoice with the correct figures.

Thx
    SB.
  • Options
    That would be the way I would approach this in 3.70, but we're using 4.00, and the reversals seem the easiest method.

Basically we're importing a load of invoice information, some of which will be paid, some unpaid. We post them with a self balancing account, and after we have performed some more imports and deduced which ones are only part paid or unpaid we are reversing those using the unapply and reverse functions.

Just wondered if it would cause a problem, as Navision seems to not allow this by default...do I have to go 'old skool' 3.70 :?:
    Charleh
  • Options
    KowaKowa Member Posts: 918
    The reversal function is for reversing the G/L Entries or Cust Ledg. Entries. It does not reverse the item entires ( inventory) or value entries ( inventory valuation), so you will have do do that manually with an item journal or forget the reversal (far better) and use the credit memo.
    Note that the unit cost in a sales credit memo always needs to have the right value. This is a crucial point for the inventory valuation if lots of credit memos are produced.
    Kai Kowalewski
  • Options
    Ok thats fine we're not using items on setup so it should be ok! :P

cheers
    Charleh
  • Options
    KowaKowa Member Posts: 918
    Even if you don't have items, if you create statistical reports based on Document Headers and Document Lines you will never get reliable figures from these tables as well as enormous differences when compared to the period balance on the revenue account. Public accountants usually are not too happy about this. :evil:
    Kai Kowalewski