MS Script Control 1.0 .NET

rhnavcrhnavc Member Posts: 11
Hi everyone,

Does anybody know if there is a .NET assembly equivalent to the MS Script Control 1.0. COM component?

I need to map the ScriptControl.Language and ScriptControl.Eval methods to any equivalent .NET methods.

I'd appreciate any suggestion. Thanks.

Answers

• rhnavcrhnavc Member Posts: 11
    Anybody...?
  • taher.bhataher.bha Member Posts: 48
    Not sure if this will help but if you are trying to evaluate mathematical expressions, NCalc may be useful.
  • Peter+is1Peter+is1 Member Posts: 174
    Been thinking about your question for some time now and I don't see (nor have I googled and found) an equivalent for ScriptControl.Language.
    However without more info on your challenge it is impossible to suggest alternatives.

Best wishes.
    \\
    The truth exists in seven versions.
  • rhnavcrhnavc Member Posts: 11
    Hi Peter,

I'm sorry for the late answer. I have to map the following (COM/Automation) code to .NET:

ScriptControl.Language('VBScript');
    Result := FORMAT(ScriptControl.Eval(InParseString));

Variables:
    ScriptControl Automation 'Microsoft Script Control 1.0'.ScriptControl

I would appreciate ANY hint or suggestion.
  • sylvainroysylvainroy Member Posts: 12
    rhnavc, have you found an answer to your question? I am converting a client from NAV 5.0 using the same control to NAV 2016 and objects compile, but they fail when CREATE.
  • vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,116
    Do you need to run generic scripts? Shouldn't you rather use Dotnet to do what your VBScript or JScript did in the old version?
  • NtgNtg Member Posts: 5
    Hello rhnavc,sylvainory have you found an solution of this issue. I am converting a client from NAV 2009 using the same control to NAV 2016 and objects compile, but they fail when CREATE