Options

Refresh Service Tier cache after SQL Injection

StLiStLi Member Posts: 83
Hi!

Disclaimer: Any help is appreciated but PLEASE don't play captain hindside (southpark reference) here. We did NOT recommend this solution and we currently don't have the resources to change it. So, any thing along the line of "you shouldn't do it that way in the first place" is a known fact and doesn't help in the current situation. We would've recommended a Webservice or an import set up on an interval but we didn't have any say in it. - So, thank you. But please stay on topic.

I work for a solution center. Our customer implemented a 3rd party software and set it up to inject data into Navisions' tables. Expecting to have the data right available in navision.

As some of you might know, the Service Tier enhances performance by caching data of recent requests (not expecting any tinkering from outside) which renders a problem here because the user opens a page with a certain filter, then usues the 3rd party software and - due to the cache - doesn't see any changes on navision side (because the service tier doesn't realise that data has been added) The software they "implemented" just sends simple INSERT-queries to the SQL.

I'm looking for any way to manually trigger an update of the Service-Tiers cache. Or any other solution that will update the data in Navision reliably without rebuilding the current import machanism.

You can manually refresh the pages content and get the newly injected lines. However to do so, ther must at least be one record shown on the page (which is usally not the case before the 3rd party software did it's job) to enable the refresh button.

Thanks a lot for your input.

Regards StLi

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    StLiStLi Member Posts: 83
    edited 2016-05-11
    All right, I didn't know about the SELECTLATESTVERSION command (not really needed on a daily basis) but it will do until we find the time to work out a more desirable solution.

Thank you.