Options

User Roles form customisation

chen_wanchen_wan Member Posts: 34
Dear All,

Is there any way to customize the User Role form or not. The form can be accessed from Tools->Security->Roles but the form is not customizable. Pressing CTRL+F2 cannot bring up the designer screen for this form. How can I call out the designer screen from this form.

Regards,

Comments

• Options
    Tim81Tim81 Member Posts: 68
    Hi,

there isn't a possibility to customize this form.

The question is: what do you want to do (today :D)? Maybe there is a solution without customizing the form.
  • Options
    nishandesainishandesai Member Posts: 23
    HI tim..;) yes theres some other way round. u r right....since what level is it possible to customize the user roles,is it possible till field level
  • Options
    chen_wanchen_wan Member Posts: 34
    Hi,

I have added a boolean field to the User Role table. This field is updated programatically from my application. I want to shows only those records with the boolean field set TRUE on the User Role Form. That's why, I need to put a SETRANGE at the User Role form.

Thanks.
  • Options
    ShenpenShenpen Member Posts: 386
    Not all objects are shown in the object designer. Put a form on the "object" (try "object" in your language too - often it is translated) table and then you will see all the forms and other objects.

Do It Yourself is they key. Standard code might work - your code surely works.
  • Options
    Tim81Tim81 Member Posts: 68
    Shenpen wrote:
    Not all objects are shown in the object designer. Put a form on the "object" (try "object" in your language too - often it is translated) table and then you will see all the forms and other objects.
    This hint is well known but has nothing to do with the problem. There are no forms in the 2000000000 range as you can see it with the tables. There is no possibility to change the User Role Form.

The only possibility to solve the problem is to create a new form. But you can just add this form to the main menu and you cannot assign it to the menu bar. If you set the right permissions, you can give access to the new form and restrict the access to the form in the menu bar.