Options

NAV 2016 Role Tailored client Question

rnjbngrnjbng Member Posts: 82
Hi -

If you go to the role tailored client in NAV 2016, item list --->then go to customize ribbon, on the left side right under
Available actions you see :

Report - Inventory
Report - Sales
Report - Purchases
Report - Finance Costing
Report - Manufacturing

2 Questions
- How is this created? Is there any permission that is required?
- Is there any way I can modify this or remove this?:smile: -

Thank
RS.

Comments

• Options
    DuikmeesterDuikmeester Member Posts: 304
    Those are actions programmed onto the page. You can only show/hide them or change the caption. If you really want them made unavailable you will need to change the page with the development environment.
  • Options
    Thanks, I went to the development environment and no where in the Item list--->Page actions or Request action I could see this piece programmed, I have a solution developer license and if you are saying that change needs to be made in development environment can you please let me know where exactly it shows in development environment.

Thanks
    Regards
    RS.
  • Options
    Wisa123Wisa123 Member Posts: 308
    Navigate to your page in Object Designer, press Design to get the Design window.
    Here you should see all the fields that are shown in the Page.

To see all the Page Actions go to "View" - "Page actions". There you should find the actions for those reports.
    Austrian NAV/BC Dev
  • Options
    Ok, can you please do me a favor, just copy and paste only the code for where you see in the page actions of Item List for the below and can you please post it on the forum. Just want to make sure I am not going blind.

Report - Inventory
    Report - Sales

Thanks
    Regards
    RS.
  • Options
    Peter+is1Peter+is1 Member Posts: 174
    Hi,

[Available actions] for the ribbon is configurable in the Profile.
    If you run NAV 2016 with for example the ORDER PROCESSOR Profile in Configure Mode, you can Customize the Ribbon and make the action subsets go away.

I have no idea how to get them back after that....
    \\
    The truth exists in seven versions.
  • Options
    Thanks Peter, ok I got it. You have to change the profile and you can remove in there and to answer your question how to get them back, click on Restore Defaults and it will put them back. Thanks again..
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    edited 2016-05-09
    One tip when you are looking for an action in the actions menu is to run 'Preview' from the page designer. When you click on any control in the page preview, C/SIDE will put the cursor on the control in the designer, so you don't have to search for it. There are a few system generated buttons that are not defined in the actions menu, so some of them will not show up there.
    Look at this video from the 2013 beta that I created years ago, but it still works that way.
    https://youtu.be/UOvA6PRDkSE?t=8m
  • Options
    Thanks Daniel, your help is very much appreciated.