Options

Authentincate to Nav from .Net application

LnZLnZ Member Posts: 37
Hi,
I'm trying to authenticate to Nav from an external .Net application without any success, what I would like to do is it to show an RTC or Web Client page (it is the same) in my own application, so I'm trying to pass credentials to get logged in.
I have tried setting both using windows credential both NavUserPassword, as any one done something like that?
Thank you
LnZ

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    kylehardinkylehardin Member Posts: 257
    How are you calling NAV from your application?
    Kyle Hardin - ArcherPoint
  • Options
    LnZLnZ Member Posts: 37
    Hi Kylehardn,
    I have tried different ways: passing windows credentials, basic auth, web request... without any succcess.
    Thank You
    LnZ
  • Options
    Jan_VeenendaalJan_Veenendaal Member Posts: 206
    We use O365 authentication to show NAV pages on an external website (SharePoint in our case) in an IFRAME. - Since the user authenticated to the SharePoint Page is the same user as the NAV user , O365 single-sign-on handles all authentication automatically.

Afaik this also works with Windows Authentication if the calling application is inside the domain and the user logged into the computer is also a NAV user.

[ You need to modify the NAV web server configuration however, to allow NAV pages to be shown inside an IFRAME - comment out the line:
    <add name="X-FRAME-OPTIONS" value="SAMEORIGIN" />
    in web.config ]

Please also check your license - you might run into issues there if the user using the page is not a NAV licensed user.
    Jan Veenendaal
  • Options
    DuikmeesterDuikmeester Member Posts: 304
    Try use the following combination in the CustomSettings.config of the service:
    <add key="ClientServicesCredentialType" value="Windows"/>
    <add key="ServicesUseNTLMAuthentication" value="true"/>