Options

Bitmap

DesmedtSDesmedtS Member Posts: 53
edited 2002-02-09 in Navision Financials
Hey,

In Navision, You can insert bitmaps of maximum 32 kb.
Now, is it possible to insert a file (bmp) of more than 32 kb.

They said to me, that you can do this with BLOB.

Does anyone know how I have to do this ??

Thx
Steve

Comments

• Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    You can indeed import all kind of files into a BLOB field (eg. bitmaps > 32 Kb). Just use the Blob.IMPORT function. But when you want to view the bitmap, you have to export this first on your harddisk (using Blob.CALCFIELDS and Blob.EXPORT) and use an external program (or use HYPERLINK) to view it. You can't view the image inside Navision, you have to use an external program for this.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    wonmowonmo Member Posts: 139
    Actually, you can view the +32K file within Navision. One way would be to use a picture box control (as opposed to an image control) within a form and set its SourceExpr property as the BLOB field that you're importing the image to. Just make sure that you set the SourceTable property of the form as the table with the BLOB field.

If you have text stored in the BLOB field then you indeed have to perform an export. In this case after you export the BLOB field to a file you can just use SHELL('notepad.exe {path and name of file}. This works well for any text file under, I think, 64K.
  • Options
    John_TegelaarJohn_Tegelaar Member Posts: 159
    Few remarks:

1) Many bitmaps can be greatly reduced in size by saving as RLE compressed BMP (a program like PaintShop Pro 7 can do this. See www.jasc.com for free evaluation copies)

2) Always make sure the bitmap resolution values are set. This allows Navision to do a proper scaling to the resolution of the display device (low res on screen, high res when printed). PaintShop Pro 7 sets these values when you do a resize. Or use the Bitmap Convertor program from the fownload section.

3) You're not limited to using bitmaps. Many graphic filetypes can be displayed, if you use a little help. See the download section for the Real-time Multiformat Picture Convertor program.

John