Options

Permissions in multitenant

jordi79jordi79 Member Posts: 272
I am wondering how permissions are managed in a multi tenant environment. I have installed a multi tenant test environment, and to my surprise permissions are managed individually in each tenant. I am wondering if there is anyway permissions can be centrally managed from perhaps the app database.

This is for a large customer that spans across several geographical locations. And for easier management, they are looking into splitting the database into tenants by geographical locations.

Tq.

Comments

• Options
    DuikmeesterDuikmeester Member Posts: 304
    Permissions can be managed from the App database using a Tenant running in admin mode. This way authorisation works like normal. Too authorize on tenant-level you either need to Import them thru powershell or "fix" the permission pages to also account for the tenant factor.
  • Options
    jordi79jordi79 Member Posts: 272
    I did try this. And you are correct. Permissions can be changed in the App Database in admin mode, and other tenants will see the same permissions. But can users and user permissions be managed centrally from the app database?

This is an implementation for 1 customer that will span into multiple tenants. So they would want to manage the users and permissions centrally.