Options

invalid Device-Independent Bitmap file

whofungpoowhofungpoo Member Posts: 19
Getting this error while trying to insert a graphic on a report. The graphic is a .bmp and I have worked it down to a resolution of 72X72. Any help would be great.

Comments

• Options
    dlerouxdleroux Member Posts: 87
    What is the actual size of the bmp file? I ran into that with a just-under 32K bmp (256 color). But if I chopped the size of the file by truncating in MS paint it loaded fine

larger than 32K files give a different error message as 32K (including the full path) is the upper limit for Navision
  • Options
    Size is 4KB. The error message doesn't say anything about size. BTW, I am using Navision 3.7. Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    what exactly is the error message?
  • Options
    All I get is the following:
    "This is an invalid Device-Independent Bitmap file."
    I am in the designer and putting the path in for the graphic under the properties window.
  • Options
    I am assuming your using a PictureBox

are you trying to put a company logo on a report? If so you can pull the pic from G/l Setup->Company Info...

[Settings
    Enter the filename of the bitmap you want to use, for example c:\pictures\thisone.bmp.

The maximum size of a bitmap is 32 KB. To use larger bitmaps than this, you will have to use a BLOB field.
  • Options
    negative. I'm using the Image control. I am not putting a logo on the report. It is another graphic. I tried the picture box but, I got the same error when putting the path the file in the BitmapList property. Not sure what the difference is between an Image control and a PictureBox control...
  • Options
    I took one of my reports and a pic called c:\test.bmp

i added a "Image" from the toolbox

changed it's property:Bitmap to c:\test.bmp

and it worked without a problem - have you tried any other BMP?
  • Options
    Yeah, I've been able to put bitmaps in on other report with no problem but, I keep coming across this error. The particular bitmap I am trying to put in now will not go at all. I've changed several aspects of the file but, to no avail. It seems like the bitmap needs to be a certain resolution or something before Navision will take it.
  • Options
    edited 2005-06-24
    it's up to you if you want to share the bitmap with us & see if someone can figure it out.

can you redo the bitmap? Can you see it in MS Paint? Or someother picure program?

if you can then, you could always hit the printscreen button
    go to Paint & Paste it.
    Then Cut out the pic you want from the print screen
    then File->New->Paste
    & save it NEW.
  • Options
    I'd be happy to share the file but, I'm not sure how to do that on this forum. I can email it to you. Otherwise, I can open the file in paint and I have tried to do a Save As... but this has not worked. I will try the printscreen idea.

Thanks.
  • Options
    ok, the printscreen/paste thing worked out of MS Paint. I'd still like to know what triggers that error but, for now I'm good to go. Thanks for all of your help!