Options

how do I fix this when trying to receive?

I'm trying to receive a chemical. And when i try to post and print and receive it has a message that pops up saying "the general posting setup does not exist. Identification fields and values: Gen. Bus. Posting group=", gen. Prod. Posting group='COMP' " what does this mean and how do I fix it. I'm new at this job and the lady that normally does it is on maternity leave so I'm seriously confused and need help. So please give me every little detail so I can follow.

Answers

• Options
    kellygurllkellygurll Member Posts: 14
    Hi Destiny,

You need to send this error message to your accounting people. Either this posting group setup needs to be added or someone has set up the Item incorrectly.

Kelly
  • Options
    destiny1513destiny1513 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, I asked my boss about it and he looked into it and didn't see anything wrong.. and the weird thing is I just posted one yesterday just fine for the same chemical but different purchase order and it worked like it normally does..
  • Options
    vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    edited 2016-04-20
    Check the vendor card and compare both what are the fields you missed to setup if all ok, then check the document header for Gen. Bus posting group field it should not be blank.