Error exporting to Word

AdunAdun Member Posts: 19
edited 2016-04-15 in NAV Three Tier
Hello everyone,

one more strange problem from my side: while throwing a page into Word (Ctrl + W) I get a proper Open/Save dialog. But not mater which option I choose there is an error in the end:
Microsoft Dynamics NAV

Filter string you provided is not valid. The filter string must contain a description of the filter, followed by the vertical bar (|) and the filter pattern. The strings for different filtering options must also be separated by the vertical bar. Example: "Text files (*.txt)|*.txt|All files (*.*)|*.*"
OK
There are no filters applied to the page. Actually it seems like I cannot export any page into Word.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.

Answers

• Peter+is1Peter+is1 Member Posts: 174
    Have been able to reproduce this in 2016 CU3. But the [Open] (in Word) option seems to work most of the time for me.
    Cannot see/find where in NAV codeunits this error is from so I guess the error is created by a component outside of our reach.

Legitimate bug as far as I can see...
    \\
    The truth exists in seven versions.
  • DuikmeesterDuikmeester Member Posts: 304
    Maybe the name/description contains a character screwing up the naming of the file.
  • martonnmartonn Member Posts: 29
    This message is coming from CU 419 - File Management when NAV is trying to use the DOWNLOADFROMSTREAM function