Options

Passing a Item card field to the Item Ledger Entries Table

rico1931rico1931 Member Posts: 295
Hi Everyone,

I have a field on the Item card called Inventory Posting group that I would like to show on the Item Ledger Entries page. It's been a while since I've had to do this so I'm asking for a quick refresher.

I went to the Item Ledger Entry table in the development environment and put in the new field into my range of 50000 with the exact name of the field from the Item Card " Item Category Code " Data Type = code and length is 10 the same as the item card... after this I forgot what to do lol.

Any guidance from this point will help tendentiously to just populate the table.. I can modify the page so users can see it on my own.

Thank you!
-rico1931

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    postsauravpostsaurav Member Posts: 708
    Hi,

Do you want to show the current item category code in Ledger Entries.
    OR

Do you want to Update existing data on item ledger entries with value in New Field

OR

You want to data to be posted when the item is being used in say sales document / purchase document / journals / manufacturing e.t.c

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

Do you Know this About NAV?

Connect - Twitter | Facebook | Google + | YouTube

Follow - Blog | Facebook Page | Google + Page
  • Options
    Hi,

Thanks and great question... Which ever is easiest! I'm thinking the easiest would be to show the current item category code in the ledger entries from the item card. Ideally though I'm thinking the 3rd.. to post the data when the transaction for sales/purchase/journals/mfg orders are posted. At this point I'm willing to take whatever is easiest/fastest to implement

Thank you
    -rico1931
  • Options
    Thank you!!!
    -rico1931