Options

Setting up Fixed cost in Standard Costing

JamieJamie Member Posts: 3
Hi guys.
Currently, I am working as Application consultant.
in given project, I need to set up standard costing for some mannufacturing company which are using standard cost for their Item.
untill now, I know where to put the Direct Material cost in Item card and direct labor cost and Variable overhead cost in work center or machine center.
but, I am not able to know where to enter the Fixed overhead cost as part of all unit cost.
Fixed cost should not be changed as production of unit is increased. I tired to enter in the overhead rate and % of Indirect cost for fixed cost. then, the costs in overhaed rate and % of indirect cost are changed as unit production is increased.

My priority question is that Where TO Enter the Fixed overhead cost which are not changed in order to set up the standard cost??
please answer about it

Answers

• Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Tips & Tricks' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    rico1931rico1931 Member Posts: 295
    Working for a Mfg company right now using FIFO but when we set up the system we were told to enter all that fixed overhead cost into the work centers indirect cost. We just calculated it per work center department and entered it all there. Obviously you don't have a work center for like sales and enter that into the routing but we just calculated sales overhead into shipping overhead and took the total overhead and spread it out among the work centers. The tough part was to try to capture the 'resale' stuff that we don't produce.. we are still scratching our heads about that one lol

Not ideal but it's what we were told to do back in NAV '09
    -rico1931