Options

Data upgrade: NAV 2009 SP1 to NAV 2015 CU18: System.String can not convert to System.Int32

bgonzalezbgonzalez Member Posts: 5
During Transfer Data 2 I get this error. I supose that any field in NAV 2009 SP1 have been converted to Integer in NAV 2015 CU18. Has anyone have the same experience?

Thanks!

Answers

• Options
    swpoloswpolo Member Posts: 80
    According to the fact 2009 to 2015 is not possible to debug i would like to suggest you split upgrade steps like this
    1) 2009 to 2013
    2) 2013 to 2015
    ot even
    1) 2009 to 2013
    2) 2013 to 2013R2
    3) 2013R2 to 2015.

You can connect debugger on upgrade lower 2013R2 and look at code position where error is rising.

Always glad to help if it takes too much efforts.

Nav Upgrades and DEV outsourcing
    Reports transformation to RDLC
    List -1h , Complex List -3h, Document -4h (dev hours)
    navisionupgrade.com
  • Options
    Thank you very much.

Finally I Have started the data upgrade from de first Transfer Data and the Upgrade has completed succesfully.

Now I have another problema. When I open the RTC client I get the next error:

"The following SQL error was unexpected: The name of the column 'Session Unique ID' is not valid"
  • Options
    swpoloswpolo Member Posts: 80
    Try to update all system tables according to you latest version. Check if sync done without errors.
    Nav Upgrades and DEV outsourcing
    Reports transformation to RDLC
    List -1h , Complex List -3h, Document -4h (dev hours)
    navisionupgrade.com
  • Options
    I have import the system tables from 2015CU18, wich have de Session Unique ID field, but when I try to open RTC the next error occurs: "The following error was unexpected: Can not insert NULL value in the column "Session Unique ID""
  • Options
    postsauravpostsaurav Member Posts: 708
    Hi,
    Did you run the sync Tenant cmdlet to load changes to SQL.
    OR
    Did you run the Tools - Sync schema for all tables with validation from Developer environment.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

Do you Know this About NAV?

Connect - Twitter | Facebook | Google + | YouTube

Follow - Blog | Facebook Page | Google + Page
  • Options
    Yes, of course. Many times. I think the data upgrade from 2009 SP1 to 2015CU18 has been done correctly, because I can run the RTC without problems.

But when I do the data upgrade from 2015CU18 to 2016CU04 is when I have the issue. I have done the data upgrade many times, following the steps from the MSDN guide (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn271668(v=nav.90).aspx).

In NAV 2015CU18 there is a field in the Session Event table named "Session Unique ID" but not in 2016. Could the DLL files from NAV 2016 RoleTailored Client search for this field or something?

Thanks to all of you.
  • Options
    I think I have solve the problem because now I can open the RTC in NAV 2016 CU04.

That is what I have done:

1) Create the Field 50000 Session Unique ID Code 10 on tables 2000000110 Active Session and 2000000111 Session Event.
    2) Compile with validation.
    3) Delete that fields.
    4) Compile with Force.
    5) Now I can open the RTC.