Options

Help I have no homepage.

mcoAggiemcoAggie Member Posts: 23
edited 2005-06-23 in Navision e-Commerce
Hello All.

I have been trying to setup the commerce portal demo site. It is all on the same server using the cronus database. Win Server 2003, Commerce Server 2002, SQL Server 2000, 3.7 Native Cronus Database.

I have gotten so far as attempting to view the site. I followed the instructions in the installation guide and everything has gone fairly smooth.

I was able to do the force synchronization from the demo database and verified the tables in SQL. After the synch., I now have my catalog images in the appropriate IIS directory for the site, so I know the synch did work.

I have no homepage. It appears that all the image, css, asp files exist. But I only have two htm pages, cronus catalog pages, which are viewable from within our intranet. There is nothing within the default website for index.htm, etc.. I simply get a normal http 404 error when visiting http://(server)/commerceportal.

I used a PUP file viewer to peek inside the 3.7 PUP file for commerce server 2002 and I do not see anyhing resembling a homepage.

](*,)
Did I miss something? Shouldn't I be able to navigate the demo site after this setup? I should have more than just a catalog page.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    A few months back I was teaching a commerce portal beta class, and we had a Microsoft delegate in the room, with direct access to Microsoft support people, and we could not get commerce portal to run in windows server 2003. Their technical people kept saying that they had it running in their lab, but were not able to help us take it live.

I have to mention that I have no real knowledge of commerce server, so that probably didn't help, but even hours of support from Microsoft did not solve the issues that we were having.

Maybe by now they have a solution, but commerce portal on win server 2003 is stretching the limits, to try and be politically correct. We've gone on to other products for this functionality.
  • Options
    mcoAggiemcoAggie Member Posts: 23
    :shock:
    Thanks Daniel, I had heard this mentioned before about certain issue with 2003. I didn't think it was a major problem but I did not choose the server config and that is how this server was initialized.
    Not very reassuring but I digress.

Let me ask a more focused question and let's forget about the Windows Server.

In the normal setup operations for the commerce portal demo site are the default cronus web-pages located in the PUP file package? Must we start building site templates for the demo?

I am simply confused about how to publish this demo site without knowing exactly how and where to generate the templates and pages if they are not included with the PUP package.