Options

NAV 2013 Report Problem same picture on 2 print

blood25blood25 Member Posts: 1
Hi everybody,
I have a problem with pictures in my report RTC. On each print of the sales invoice, I display a picture in header. This picture depends of the invoice.
If i print sales invoice one by one, no problem, the good picture appears.
But if i try to print 2 sales invoice (select 2 lines in page "Posted Sales Invoices" and click Print button ), it's the same picture on my 2 sales invoice.

Do you have an idea please ?

Thanks

Answers

• Options
    postsauravpostsaurav Member Posts: 708
    Hi,

It seems that the design of the Report need to be modify.

If its a standard Sales Invoice Report Copy then check -
    1. Where is the image added in dataset, under Sales Invoice Header or it is under Page Loop.
    2. What is the source expression for Image. Is it something like - =Convert.ToBase64String(Fields!CompanyInfoPicture.Value)

3. If it is something like above, it should be something need to be mapped with Code.GetData(x,x) as per your requirement. Because header information changes for each document using Code.Getdata and SetData approach.

Let me know if any issues.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

Do you Know this About NAV?

Connect - Twitter | Facebook | Google + | YouTube

Follow - Blog | Facebook Page | Google + Page
  • Options
    SilverXSilverX Member Posts: 134
    This is a known issue with report viewer. Even if the underlying data changes and you can even print the different raw data, the image will remain the same. Not sure if this was changed in newer versions.
    Cheers
    Carsten

==> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
  • Options
    RockWithNAVRockWithNAV Member Posts: 1,139

Hey blood25,

I too belief you should play either with GetData SetData OR ReportItems!Textbox.Value to make it work dynamically.
  • Options
    SilverXSilverX Member Posts: 134
    Let me add some more value to my post: This is/was a known issue with Report Viewer 2010 for Dynamics NAV 2013 and was solved with RV 2012/NAV 2013 R2. This does only affect "Database"-Images, not embedded or external.

So a workaround could be to not use Database images or to update NAV and RV.
    Cheers
    Carsten

==> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer.