Credit Memo

insanniinsanni Member Posts: 52
Hi Guys,

i m trying to find out how i can handle a credit memo for this condition:

credit memo without impact to quantity (only impact to value / Account Receivable)

thanks a lot
insanni
insanni

Comments

• dmitripdmitrip Member Posts: 44
    Hi isanni,

It calls Sales/Purchase Allowances...

Use Credit Memo and Line type as Charge(Item).
    But you have to allocate this cost among items from original invoice.

regards,
    Dmitri.
  • gtkygtky Member Posts: 2
    Or, create a credit memo w line tyep = GL acc.
    When u post, it only impact GL and NOT inventory.
  • slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 366
    hi
    Just bringing this post back to life as I have come across the same situation where we wanted to give a reduction in the invoice (only value with TAX).
    What is the best way of doing it in NAV 4 SP3 for both Customers and Vendors? If it is to select G/Ls in lines, what should be the correct G/Ls (i am no accoutant). I know the G/Ls may vary company to company but, a suggestion would help me a lot to start understanding this process.

Thanks a lot

Maluwa
    "A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."
  • slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 366
    ok,
    Eureka. Did a small R&D by posting a sample credit memo by selecting the Sales G/L and saw the entries were correctly passed to Customer, Sales G/L and TAX accounts.
    And now, in Credit Memo prinout, no line is being printed for if I select anything other than Item.

Is it the standard way or is it due to some customisation?

Thanks again.
    "A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Directly selecting Sales Account in the Credit Memo will create a mismatch between the sales amount in the ILE/Value Entry and G/L. Create a seprate G/L account for the same.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in