Options

<SOLVED> .NET interop failing in combination with AllowPartiallyTrustedCallers

fdufdu Member Posts: 2
edited 2016-03-15 in NAV Three Tier
Hello everyone,

we have been using RazorEngine for html document templating successfully from within 2009 and 2015.
We are currently upgrading to 2016 and interop doesn't seem to work anymore because of security reasons.

Please excuse I can only provide the error thrown in German.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV
---------------------------

Fehler bei einem Aufruf von TemplateEngine.TemplateEngine.Render mit folgender Meldung: Fehler beim Versuch der SecurityTransparent-Methode "RazorEngine.Engine.get_IsolatedRazor()", auf die sicherheitskritische Methode "RazorEngine.Templating.IsolatedRazorEngineService.Create()" zuzugreifen.

Die Assembly "RazorEngine, Version=3.7.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9ee697374c7e744a" ist mit "AllowPartiallyTrustedCallersAttribute" markiert und verwendet das Sicherheitstransparenzmodell der Stufe 2. Bei Festlegung der Transparenz auf Stufe 2 werden alle Methoden in AllowPartiallyTrustedCallers-Assemblys standardmäßig sicherheitstransparent, was die Ursache der Ausnahme sein kann.
OK

After investigation I found out that RazorEngine uses AllowPartiallyTrustedCallersAttribute (see Isolation API), which doesn't seem to play nicely with 2016.
// We have to load Razor with full trust (so all methods are SecurityCritical)
// This is because we apply AllowPartiallyTrustedCallers to RazorEngine, because
// We need the untrusted (transparent) code to be able to inherit TemplateBase.

I want to avoid forking the project and rewriting the relevant parts, which might actually be impossible to do.

Is this a known problem and can anyone provide a solution?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Tips & Tricks' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!