Options

Has anyone automated Calc Whse Adjustment?

eedobsoneedobson Member Posts: 16
Just wondering if anyone has ever automated Calc Whse Adjustment, such as building it into the Register action on the Whse Item/Phys Invy journal. It's a step that people always forget to do, and folks never understand why it doesn't just happen automatically.

I know we can schedule it to run in the job queue, but in emergencies people forget about the second step, and then can't find their inventory.

Thank you in advance for any ideas,

Liz

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Funny part is this was all automated back in version 2.60. The feature was "lost" when Microsoft acquired the WMS functionality from Lanham.

There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Options
    Yes, there's just some odd disconnected features in WMS that you'd think would be handled better (like not being able to see a lot/serial number from bin contents). I haven't had a chance to look at 2016 yet, hoping some have been fixed.

Thank you for your comments!
  • Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    eedobson wrote: »
    Yes, there's just some odd disconnected features in WMS that you'd think would be handled better (like not being able to see a lot/serial number from bin contents). I haven't had a chance to look at 2016 yet, hoping some have been fixed.

Thank you for your comments!

You need to set "Whse Lot Tracking" on your "Item Tracking Codes" to see lot numbers in the warehouse. There is then a "Lot No. Filter" on the Bin Contents. Same functionality exists for Serial numbers.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Options
    Ahah - took me a bit, but I found the lot number fact box on the bin content page. Thank you!