General Ledger Entry in Multicurrency

jemmyjemmy Member Posts: 247
Folks,

I have a plan to build General Ledger Entry Report in the Multicurrency mode. Is it possible to do it?
I saw in the General Ledger Entry Form, when I choose Navigate Button, I could see the foreign currency for each entries related to general ledger entry.
Although I got certified, I still need a lot of experiences on this.
I am so confuse now ](*,)
Any suggestion are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks in advance as always,

Cheers,

Jemmy Sentonius

Comments

• ArhontisArhontis Member Posts: 667
    Hi Jemmy,

The G/L Entry table has 3 fields:
    Additional-Currency Amount
    Add.-Currency Debit Amount
    Add.-Currency Credit Amount

which I think that are updated when you have setup in the General Ledger Setup at the Reporting Tab the Additional Currency field.

If you have setup that (look in help too) then these three fields are updated with the proper values and you could use those for your report.

Am I close to what you wanted?
  • julkifli33julkifli33 Member Posts: 1,087
    Arhontis wrote:
    Hi Jemmy,

The G/L Entry table has 3 fields:
    Additional-Currency Amount
    Add.-Currency Debit Amount
    Add.-Currency Credit Amount

which I think that are updated when you have setup in the General Ledger Setup at the Reporting Tab the Additional Currency field.

If you have setup that (look in help too) then these three fields are updated with the proper values and you could use those for your report.

Am I close to what you wanted?
    hi... if we use this additional-currency amount, how many currency can we use?
  • jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hello julkifli33,

one... the reporting currency. I doubt that this is what you intend to use.

Add. Currency: That's the reporting currency (for example, the currency of the mother corp.) - all transactions will be also held in this currency.

Transaction Currency: The currency (and amounts) of the transaction in originating currency. This can be different for every transaction, however standard NAV has this only in the customer and vendor ledgers.

If you need transaction currency in the G/L, then I'd recommend a look at Smart IT TransactionCurrency. This Add-On retains the originating currency and amounts in the G/L and VAT entries throughout (almost) the whole NAV application. The one exception is inventory: Since all adjustments are done through the item journal batch, no transaction currency is recorded. But all other transactions except pos/neg. adjustment, phys. inventory and value adjustment are also recorded with transaction currency.

with best regards

Jens