Options

Autotests: how to catch, verify and close Excel window

Maria-SMaria-S Member Posts: 90
Dear Experts,

In my test codeunit I am running the report which produces and opens the excel worksheet.

I need to check the values in the produced excel and close the window.
Can anyone give me directions how to achieve this?
NAV2013R2

I guess it should be done using DotNet (in which I am not so experienced unfortunately).

What I've done:
I found the following piece of C# code:
instance = (Excel.Application)System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.GetActiveObject("Excel.Application");
And I want to call same from NAV.

Now when I try to define the DotNet variable, I go to Assembly List, on the .NET tab I scroll to System.Runtime.InteropServices and select it. Now I expect that there will be list of Types, including Marshall, but the list is empty. Here I stuck.

Can anyone push me to the correct direction?

Answers

• Options
    Jan_VeenendaalJan_Veenendaal Member Posts: 206
    You could look into the code that is in table 370 in NAV - there is a lot of code there to open/read/write Excel workbooks
    Jan Veenendaal
  • Options
    Maria-SMaria-S Member Posts: 90
    edited 2016-02-18
    Hi Jan,

No-no, you see, I create AutoTest for the functionality that creates excel files (using table370 :)). So from test point of view I am running the report programmatically, and then I need to verify whether the report creates an excel file.

My problem is that report generates the excel in temporary folder and opens it.
    Otherwise I would check that excel file exists in the folder.

But now I need to check that opened excel file exists... and preferrably close it.

Anyway, at this stage we decided to skip such export scenarios (we consider them untestable for now).