Options

Dataport which links Customer and Contact tables

Hi,

Very new user here and only just started tinkering in our test system. I need to create a dataport which exports the following information but I'm not sure how.

Customer No.
Customer Balance

Contact Name

The Contact table holds the 'Customer No.' field but the Customer table does not hold the 'Contact No.' field.

I can create a dataport for a single table but am not sure how to link these two. The end result I'm looking for is a .txt or .csv file in this format:

Customer No., Contact Name, Balance.

Some guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Answers

• Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    You cannot link 2 tables with dataports, you can export them both, but you cannot link the dataitems between them...you should do it with some C/al code
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    hdnuserhdnuser Member Posts: 2
    Hi Belias,

Sorry, that's my bad explanation. I'm not sure how to do this with c/al code - are you able to help please?
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    It's gonna take me a little too much effort and time to explain you how to export data in text files with c/al code...search the help (F1) for file data type and take a look at the functions...you can figure out how to do it or look somewhere mibuso (there are code snippets about it for sure... search file.create or something like it)
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog