Options

Record lock error on custom table during 2009->2015 upgrade

rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
Hi all,

I'm upgrading a database from NAV2009 to NAV2015. I'm running the "Data Upgrade" step in 2015. I'm encountering an error on a custom table that we have. The unusual thing about it is that it is "DataPerCompany = No", i.e. only one table for all companies.

This custom table also has a field based on the NAV "User Setup" table. During the data upgrade step, I'm getting the following error:
SessionId    : 3820
CodeunitId   : 104055
FunctionName : StartUpgrade
CompanyName  : <CompanyName>
StartTime    : 1/28/2016 4:57:01 PM
Duration     :
State        : FailedPendingResume
Error        : The operation could not complete because a record in the JIRA
               Issue table was locked by another user. Please retry the
               activity. 

I am making an educated guess that this table is being processed by the "Rename User" function in Upgrade Codeunit 104056 - this is one of the long-running processes that has been discussed here in the forum. The second part of my guess is that it is being processed for each company, even though the table is DataPerCompany=No, and, because I'm running the process in parallel, this is causing the record lock.

Again, this is only a guess, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had a custom table with DataPerCompany = No and that has a UserID field?

I'm going to try 2 approches:

1. For now, I'm going to empty my custom table just to see if I can get through the upgrade.
2. I am also going to try running the data upgrade process NOT in parallel - it may in fact work in that case, but because our database is large, I'm concerned about the processing time when we go live.

Any suggestions and/or opinions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ron

Ron

Best Answers

Answers