Options

Adding signature to Outlook-mail created through codeunit 397 - nav 2015

jensthomsenjensthomsen Member Posts: 173
Hi
I have created a beautiful email with HTML formatting by use of codeunit 397 - the user should be able to read/modify the email before sending. My problem is that the signature is missing...From my point of view, it should be a simple task to call some kind of .Net add-in that would choose the standard signature (the user can have more than one) and add it to the end of the mail (that is: do the same thing as Outlook does when creating a new email manually). 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook' assembly has a lot of 'type's but I'm sure which one might do the job (or one of them at all?). I have googled for a solution but without any luck :'(

Answers

• Options
    sradloff@comsol.agsradloff@comsol.ag Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

this is not that easy to achieve.
    The question was asked in c# forums as well and got some Solutions:

stackoverflow.com/questions/6442747/add-the-default-outlook-signature-in-the-email-generated

I used the second solution of this question where they append the Body after displaying the mail:
    //snip ---
    mailItem.Display(mailItem);
    mailItem.HTMLBody = body + mailItem.HTMLBody;
    //snip ---

• Options
    No, not really :'( Where to put the 'Display' and 'HTMLBody' calls? I'm using codeunit 397 from "outside": just calling the 2 functions 'AddBodyline' and 'NewMessage' from another codeunit...But I guess I have to do som modification to codeunit 397??
  • Options
    mdPartnerNLmdPartnerNL Member Posts: 802
    Can you show a snippet of your code? how you add html..

I have tried it but the body never contains html statements, only the text..
  • Options
    The problem is, that microsoft has built a wrapper/helper class around the functionality.
    Therefor you'll not be able to get the signature easily by setting a parameter in codeunit 397.

I think you'll have to create an own functionality that's using default .net Outlook functions or build you own class.

I've successfully tested it with:
    lOutlookApp := lOutlookApp.ApplicationClass;
    lMailItem := lOutlookApp.CreateItem(lOutlookItemType.olMailItem);        
    lMailItem."To" := 'test@comsol.ag';          
    lMailItem.CC := '';
    lMailItem.Subject := 'Subject';
    lMailItem.Display(lMailItem);
    lMailItem.HTMLBody := 'Your Body' + lMailItem.HTMLBody;

Use the following DotNet Variables:

lOutlookApp DotNet Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.ApplicationClass.'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook,
    lOutlookItemType DotNet Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.OlItemType.'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook,
    lMailItem DotNet Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.MailItem.'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook
  • Options
    Hi Bastir81
    IT WORKS!!!!!! Just remember to put 'RunOnClient' = YES on the 3 DotNet variables. My samplecode looks like this (I don't know how to insert a screen-shot):

lOutlookApp := lOutlookApp.ApplicationClass;

lMailItem := lOutlookApp.CreateItem(lOutlookItemType.olMailItem);
    lMailItem."To" := 'some@e-mail.com';
    lMailItem.CC := '';
    lMailItem.Subject := 'Subject';
    lMailItem.Display(lMailItem);
    lMailItem.HTMLBody := '<b>Bold line</b>' +
    '<TABLE border="1">' +
    '<TR><TH>Column 1 1<TH>Column 2' +
    '<TR><TH>Value 1<TH>Value 2' +
    '<TR><TH align="right">' + FORMAT(123456789,258) + '<TH>' + 'My name is jens' +
    '</TABLE>'
    + lMailItem.HTMLBody
    ;

Though it would be nice with the possibility of adding the (HTML) body line-by-line like the 'AddBodyLine' in codeunit 397??

• Options

@jensthomsen, bump :)
  • Options
    edited 2016-01-26

Just adding som HTML code in the 'AddBodyLine' function of codeunit 397 works for me (when opening the Outlook message HTML encoding must be true):

Mail.AddBodyline('<b>Bold Line</b>');

I'm not that kind of a "shark" in HTML coding, but I think that codeunit 397 does some of the encoding to HTML for you.
  • Options
    edited 2016-01-26
    ok, thx.

<edit>you are working with a different version<edit>
  • Options
    Where can I find information about the version?
  • Options
    no, forget it, my mistake :)
  • Options
    edited 2016-01-26
    deleted
  • Options
    Hi,

sorry, that I didn't mention to set the var's for RunOnClient=Yes.

Did you try to add the html Body to a local var of type Text without length and then assign it to the dotnet-body property?
    Otherwise you'll have to create a simple dotnet class with a method, that takes more body lines.
  • Options
    edited 2016-01-27
    I ended up building the HTML body in a (simple) text-variable, and assigning it to iMailItem.HTMLBody which works fine!
    Thx again for helping me out:-)