Solution developer's licence

NaveenReddyNaveenReddy Member Posts: 53
Hi guys,

Does microsoft provide's personal licences for individuals who passed the developer tests
or they just give licence on NSC's name ?

Naveen Reddy.

Comments

• micheldoggermicheldogger Member Posts: 21
    I think only on the NSC name. I've never received a Developer's
    licence when passing a examn.
  • ArhontisArhontis Member Posts: 667
    Hi,
    I think only on the NSC name. I've never received a Developer's
    licence when passing a examn.

The developer's license I have is in my name only and not on the name of the NSC I work for. When I had passed the programming and the developer's exam, I have sended an email the the MBS HQ license department with the details of the results of the exams, and they sended my personal license.

I think that in the past six months (or a year) MBS give the opportunity to individuals, that are not part of a NSC, to take the Navision Programming and Developer's exams and get the License.

I think that you should contact your local MBS office or the local certified Navision test center and get the official information.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    May be that in EMEA (Europe, Middle-East, Africa) is another policy than in USA...

I have License with Address of our company and my name in it... :-)

But if I change company, I can let MS to generate me new Licence - it is connected to my person, not to the company... because the company need people with the licenses... license is personal...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • superjetsuperjet Member Posts: 40
    Hi experts,

Sorry that i rise an old topic, but I am new in this area..
    Could you help me to get short answers on two questions below:
    kine wrote:
    But if I change company, I can let MS to generate me new Licence - it is connected to my person, not to the company... because the company need people with the licenses... license is personal...
    1) Does this process when 'Personal' developer license follow person (MCP I believe), not the NSC company where he worked is still the same today or is something changed since 2005 year?

2) Must it be at least 1 Microsoft Certified Professional (Navision) employeed by MS Partner (which currently is MS Dynamics Gold Certified - AX) - to get a developer license in NAV ?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    There are no more Personal licenses for NAV. Only for the partners. And the rules you need to fullfill to be a NAV partner are described in the Role description... just look at the Microsoft partner portal...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.