Options

Connect to dotnet datatype in Dynamics NAV 2016 (64 bit) client side

Per1008Per1008 Member Posts: 10
I upgraded a customer database from NAV 2015 to NAV 2016.
In NAV 2015, Chilkat dll (32 bit) client side was used, and this works fine.
After upgrading to NAV in 2016, I removed old Chilkat 32 bit dll from folder "Microsoft Dynamics NAV / 90 / Add-ins" and new 64 bit dll awas copied to the folder (.NET 4.5), since it is not possible to load a 32-bit dll from a 64-bit NAV 2016 client.
Now I have two problems:
1) When I have to choose my 64 bit Chilkat dll, the old 32 bit dll is still displayed in Assembly List (although it was removed). I choose my 64 bit dll, but it is the 32-bit DLL there will be chosen. The code will compile, but when I execute the code, I get the error: "Can not load an instance of following .NET Framework object: assembly ChilkatDotNet45 ..."
2) I copy Chilkat 64 bit dll to Add-ins on a machine that have not used these dll. From the development environment, when I choose this Chilkat 64 bit dll, I get the error: "Could not load type 'ChilkatDotNet45 ..."
I get the same error when load of Chilkat dll type .NET 4.6
Any suggestions ?

Answers

• Options
    Wisa123Wisa123 Member Posts: 308
    You already properly did this but:
    1.) Delete the dll (both x86 & x64) from Server and Clients Add-In Folders to make sure everythings clean.
    2.) Copy the dll only to the Server Add-In Folder
    3.) Restart Service
    4.) Try creating your dotnet Variable again (use the tab "Server")
    5.) Try executing your code again.
    Austrian NAV/BC Dev
  • Options
    Yes I have - I have even restarted the server, but still I can see the dll, witch dos not exist on the server :-(
  • Options
    Wisa123Wisa123 Member Posts: 308
    Did you register your DLL when you first deploy it? If so, try unregistering it.
    Austrian NAV/BC Dev
  • Options
    No, the dll is not com enabled. I just added the dll to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\90\RoleTailored Client\Add-ins" and connected to this dll from NAV2015.
    After upgrade to NAV2016, I had to remove the dll (delete the dll), and replace it with a 64-bit dll
    (see attached file).
    Problem 2
    It seems, that code compiled with a Amd64 Prcessor Architecture not will run together with NAV2016
    (it is not possible to load the dll)
    DLL.JPG 27.9K