Options

CAL Test Tool (NAV 2016) - permissions error

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to run the CAL Test Suites included in the NAV 2016 version, but I'm experiencing the following permission related error:

"You do not have the following permissions on Page CAL Test Tool: Execute
Page Edit - CAL Test Tool must close."

I'm running with a developer license for NAV 2016 (build 42815, Demo Database NAV 9-0), my NAV user has the permission set SUPER and the SQL user is a db owner.

Any advice on what the root of this problem might be, is highly appreciated.

Thank you all.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Thank you for replying. I took on your suggestion and requested the license again and now I can run the suite.
  • Options
    naffnaff Member Posts: 32
    Are you working on a fresh database? Would be great if you could share your test results after running the test suite. I am still not able to run all tests successfully and want to be sure that it is just some mistake i made and not a general problem.
  • Options
    Yes, I'm running all the tests on a standard Demo - Database (W1) and I'll get back to post the results when it's done.
  • Options
    So after finishing the test suite execution the results are as following:
    Successful: 15739
    Failed : 140

I've been digging into the errors and so far they seem reasonable (for example setup errors, like my user not being set as a time sheet administrator).
  • Options
    naffnaff Member Posts: 32
    thank you for posting your results.

In my opinion those automated tests should not require manual setup prior to the test. This should be done by the test codeunits. But I made the same experience. E.g. for me it makes a huge difference (in number of failed tests) if I run the test suite in a CRONUS company or in an empty new company.