Options

Dynamics NAV with ClickOnce and performance

CaponeCapone Member Posts: 125
Hi,

Has anyone discovered differences in performance when using a ClickOnce deployed client instead of using the normal windows client?
Today I discovered that I had 6-10s difference when printing (preview) 340 pages in favour of the ordinary windows client.

From the beginning we did a poor decision to install a ClickOnce deployment on a citrix server and later one we had a similar citrix server that runs a local installed windows client. Soon we discovered that it took different amount of time to generate the same report on the citrix servers.
Finally we installed the full client on the first citrix server and when we compared the both clients on the same server there was 6-10 seconds difference. I ran them a couple of times and every time it gave this difference.

Can anyone explain this from a technical perspective?
Hello IT, have you tried to turn it off and on?
Have you checked the cables?
Have you released the filters?

http://www.navfreak.com

Answers

• Options
    defiant701defiant701 Member Posts: 79
    We do only ClickOnce deployments but even when using a "normal" installed one there is no difference. But it might differ if the connection route is different from normal to ClickOnce, so compare your settings file. But anyway ClickOnce on terminal server is creepy. Since 2013 all clients are WAN ready so you should avoid TS(also along with Citrix). ClickOnce is designed for local deployment.
    Debuggers don't remove bugs, they only show them in slow-motion

LinkedIn
    XING