Options

Performance Issue with Visibility Property

byronicbyronic Member Posts: 22
Hello everyone!

I've got a problem with the loading performance of a Page, which has alot of groups with their visibility property set to a global variable.
I already tried to include the variables to the dataset and to minimize the amount of content whose visibility is set dynamically, but it still takes alot time to load the page or a new record.

Is there any other way to hide/show fields where the loading speed is acceptable?
Or can I improve the speed in the way it is by something else?

Thank you in advance!

Answers

• Options
    Hi Byronic,

Can i know which version you are using ?
    Do you more / lot of things(fields) to display Dynamically..
  • Options
    edited 2016-01-04
    Hi Raja,

I'm using version 8.0 and I'm trying to display quite many fields dynamically.
    I know that this is the issue, but I don't know how I could work around this problem or to improve the speed atleast a bit.

Thank you and best regards
  • Options
    rishi_rishabh123rishi_rishabh123 Member Posts: 9
    Can you share that code where you are setting visibility TRUE or FALSE, I think you are doing some FINDSET,FINDFIRST or any other DB hit at that point.
  • Options
    Of course,

I set the global variable to show general parts in the OnAfterGetRecord in dependance of the Type of Record, which is either a Person or a Home:

g_IsHaushalt := (Type = Type::"Company/ Home") OR ("No." = "Company No. / Home No.");

Thanks and best regards
  • Options
    rishi_rishabh123rishi_rishabh123 Member Posts: 9
    You can put this condition on VISIBLE property of that Group, It works faster than writing code for this and then assigning value to VISIBLE property.
  • Options
    edited 2016-01-07
    Hi rishi rishabh,

Thank you for answering!

Sadly I tried to do what you pointed out in your post and had no success. The loading between a Home-Record and a Person-Record still takes up to 5-10 seconds, so I didn't feel a significant impact by the change.

Thanks and best regards
  • Options
    Anyone?
  • Options
    PhennoPhenno Member Posts: 630
    Byronic,

what type of fields are you hiding/displaying? Are they standard fields from table you are presenting on that page? If yes maybe the problem is in query that opens that page, not in "visible" status of particular field.

Does page loads faster if you hide all of those fields?
  • Options
    edited 2016-01-08
    Hi Phenno,

I'm hiding/displaying groups with mostly normal fields from a table and some Control-Add-Ins.
    When I'm trying to hide all fields by collapsing them it still takes a lot of time to load the next record.
    Although when I'm hiding all groups that I'm hiding/displaying dynamically by setting their Visible Property just to FALSE the loading time required to load the next record decreases drastically.

Thanks and best regards
  • Options
    PhennoPhenno Member Posts: 630
    What is the condition for visibility and when do you calculate it?

Also, is that a card page?
  • Options
    edited 2016-01-12
    I set the global variable to show general parts in the OnAfterGetRecord (also tried to set the condition directly in the visiblity property itself) in dependance of the Type of Record, which is either a Person or a Home:

g_IsHome := (Type = Type::"Company/ Home") OR ("No." = "Company No. / Home No.");

And yes it is a card page.

Thanks and best regards
  • Options
    Someone else got an idea?
  • Options
    mdPartnerNLmdPartnerNL Member Posts: 802
    Best thing you can do is create a simple example of your page and upload it here. This way people can simulate and test it. Hope it helps.