Options

Receivables Payments Application under SQL Server

bob_halesbob_hales Member Posts: 22
We have a customer running 3.70 on SQL. When receiving customer payments all is well if an application to invoice(s) takes place at the time of posting. However this customer reeceives a lot of payments which are posted to customer accounts initially for allocation/application at a later date.

The problem I have is when applying posted payment entries to invoices via the ledger entries screens that I get a message saying that the view has been altered by another user. This is even when using a test system with no users other than myself. This also occures when using the CRONUS test data. The error also occurs when trying to apply credit memos to invoices.

If I do a Navision back-up of the customer system and restore to the Navision's own database then there are no problems.

I have gone through the SQL logs and followed the process with Navision debug but to no avail.

Has anyone else seen this problem or knows of a solution?

Cheers
Bob Hales

Comments

• Options
    VijaykumarVijaykumar Member Posts: 36
    This is a hotfix problem. Get the hotfix installed and the problem will be solved
    The man who can own up to his error is greater than he who merely knows how to avoid making it.
  • Options
    bob_halesbob_hales Member Posts: 22
    Thanks for the reply - anyone any idea which hotfix?

Additionally, through MBS On-Line, I have received a suggestion that by selecting the 'Block Payment Tolerance' check box on Vendor/Customer cards the problem goes away.

I have tried this and it does appear to work.

Regards
    Bob Hales