Options

2013R2 Application Worksheet cannot fix "open outbound" entry, i.e. former negative inventory

Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
Running a revalution, says open outbound entry found. Because sometimes things are shipped with negative inventory and I won't turn that off because what do we do when the purchaser is on sick leave and purchases are not booked in?

So I think I can fix it in the application worksheet, like in the past, apply the sale with open remaining quantity to some incoming entry.

I find the -1 quantity sales entry and the +1 quantity credit note that corrected it but they were not applied together.

I try to go to Unapplied entries from both ways and find nothing. Some digging like P522.ShowCostOpen shows why: it expects that the "Shipped Qty. Not Returned" should not be 0. Well it is 0. Suggesting it was returned.

Now it is a bit of a WTF. If my "Shipped Quantity Not Returned" is not 0 it suggests a return was booked against it, but the credit note is actually not applied against the sale, the remaining quantity is -1, and there is no visible application entry.

I think what happened is that the credit note, the return got applied from the sale but the sale cannot be applied from the same credit note.

Maybe it is preventing me to do a circular application.

Which even makes sense.

But then what the eff do I do if for example, for the sake of simplicity, there is no purchase, no stock for an item, just one sale, from negative inventory, and then they realize it was a bad idea and credit it? And now both stays open forever. Do I really have to post pos/neg adjustments?

Answers

• Options
    Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    bump
  • Options
    PhennoPhenno Member Posts: 630
    I have never succeeded to correct it with application worksheet. Only post of pos/neg entries will close them fully.