Options

Web Service User Authentication

ixe23ixe23 Member Posts: 15
Hi All,

I am publishing a page as a Web Service from NAV, and when I test URL from localhost it works fine (on the server).

And when I try from my local laptop (with VPN connection to their network) it asks me for user credentials, I enter my credentials (which I am also using to connect RDP to their server - with domain) but it keeps on re-opening the same screen to enter credentials (I am of course sure that I am entering correct credentials). My "Use NTLM Authentication" is set to FALSE.

Can someone give me any idea if I am missing a setting or some other configuration is needed to make this work?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Cheers,

Ivan

Answers

• Options
    PhennoPhenno Member Posts: 630
    Probably you have to set spn properly. Check this forum for similar questions regarding spn and web services or web client.

BTW. Try web service using IP address instead of full name, it usually works even spns are not set.
  • Options
    Hi Phenno,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Yes, I am using IP instead of full name and SPN is set properly, I think.

Any other thoughts, please?

Does it by default mean that if a test from Internet Explorer does not work that a test from the code (which is consuming Web Service) would also not work?

Ivan
  • Options
    PhennoPhenno Member Posts: 630
    Oh, if you are using IE for testing then, I think, you need to set your site to be in trusted sites, too (in IE settings). Give it try with different browser. Also, check if you have duplicate spns (there is an option switch with setspn command to do that).
  • Options
    Hi Phenno,

Thanks once again for your answer.

I finally didn`t succeed to test it from any browser but when the other party, which is supposed to consume the web service, tries to call it directly from their tool/application it seems to work fine.

So, that is good enough for me. :) Even though it is really annoying that I cannot test it from a browser...

But, let`s consider it solved. :)

Thanks.

Ivan