Options

Base Calendar Page very slow

Baltor1Baltor1 Member Posts: 1
Hello,
In my Nav2016 the base Calendar page is very slow.
It takes minutes to open it, and when you scroll down, the page keeps hanging.
In Nav 2015 I have no problem.
Anyone an idea what's the problem?

Comments

• Options
    KishormKishorm Member Posts: 921
    edited 2016-05-18
    Hi Baltor

Did this problem go away when you restarted the middle tier service by any chance?

I've had a similar issue elsewhere and strange as it may sound it was occurring because the filters being set on the virtual "Date" table were not working correctly. The debugger showed that they were active and GETFILTERS returned that they were active but a COUNT returned a large number and it took a relatively long time (a few seconds) to find the appropriate "Date" record. The problem is that this only really becomes noticeable when you are performing lots of operations on the Date record.

In fact this is not an issue specific to the "Date" table as I also encountered a similar issue on the "Field" virtual table resulting in an error occurring when opening the Purchase Order. I can't remember the exact error but it was related to the Incoming Document factbox - there was some code to find the "Posting Date" field (using the "Field" virtual table) and then some code later on that tried to get the date from the field using a RecRef. The issue here was again that although filters had been set on the "Field" virtual table, they were not all working. The code was filtering on TableNo = "38" and Fieldname = "Posting Date" (confirmed in code & debugger) but the Field record returned on a FINDFIRST was returning the Field record for TableNo 17, Field 4, FieldName "Posting Date". I.e. the "Posting Date" filter was being respected but the "TableNo" filter was being ignored. This meant that it tried to read field 4 from the Purchase Header (instead of field 20) as a Date field which resulted in the error.

I've found that these issues occur VERY infrequently and restarting the middle tier resolves the issue. The problem is that because this issue cannot be reproduced on demand I'm finding it difficult trying to get this escalated to the MS dev team.

Anyway, it would be good to know whether your issue also resolved itself by restarting the middle tier service.

P.S. If anyone else has encountered performance issues on any Date related pages (or other strange issues) which get resolved by restarting the middle tier then let me know - maybe we can find out what is triggering this strange behaviour.

Regards
    Kishor