Options

XMLPort with web service

CaponeCapone Member Posts: 125
Hi!

I got a customer who needs to create a web service with an interface according to specification. The problem is that I'm not an expert of xmlports and the specification is pretty advanced for a newbie on this.

I have tried to convince the other part that they should serialize their input and send it as text but no...

So now I'm doomed to create an XMLport with the interface according to kaufmans blog serie.

My question is, are there any good Tools out there that can create the xmlport from an XML specification or XMLFile out there which you recommend?

Any other helpful tips, insights or tutorials are greatly appreciated!

Hello IT, have you tried to turn it off and on?
Have you checked the cables?
Have you released the filters?

http://www.navfreak.com

Comments

• Options
    AdrianAkersAdrianAkers Member Posts: 137
    edited 2015-11-13
    Does this help. I don't know of any automated tools to do the XMLPort for you. I think you will need to learn how to do this. There are plenty of resources online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7kvuwKQgYc
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Even when you create XMLPort structure as in XML file, it does not mean it will be all as they wish. Mainly if there are namespaces used and other structure around the XMLPort. XMLPort will create only the parameters, but not the rest, and I do not know, what they specified for you...

To create XMLPort based on XML example or based on XSD, I think in download section there was tool for that. Look there...

In my opinion, you, as a responsible person for the webservices, you are the one who create the "contract" (structure of the webservices and all around) and the Caller must agree on the contract. If the Caller is trying to dictate the structure he will call, it means that the caller is using some predefined calls and need something what will fit (and in this case, even when you create the structure, there still could be a problem with other parts). You can communicate about the content of the webservices and about the protocol (what, when, meaning etc.) with the caller, but you must be th one who create the webservice and will say "here it is, there is WSDL describing it, now, you can connect on this...".

Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.