Options

Query Design in NAV 2015 - Filter Date Syntax

NormajmNormajm Member Posts: 82
We are new to NAV 2015 and query building. I built a simple query on the sales invoice header table. We want to see all orders posted this month grouped by salesperson. One of the fields selected is the Posting_Date field. I need to filter this field starting with the first day of the current month. I don't see an option to do that on the column filter. The option for C/AL Globals is greyed out.

So I tried the following code in the OnBeforeOpen () level: SETFILTER(Posting_Date, >=CALCDATE('CM-1M+1D', Today));

The code fails with "A value or expression was expected". What am I missing? Is there a better way to handle this?

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) Wrong SETFILTER syntax...
    SETFITLER(<field name>,'filter string',parameters...)

2) When using CALCDATE do not forget to use <> around your fixed values, else you are not multi-language compatible....
    CALCDATE('<-CM>',TODAY)

Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Thank you for the help...changed the code to read as follows:

SETFILTER("Posting_Date", %1, >=CALCDATE('<CM-1M+1D>',TODAY));

Now I'm getting a syntax error. The MSN sample shows a Record.SetFilter syntax, but because this is a query, I'm not clear on how to put the record part in. When I look at the list, the first value is CurrQuery. The value for the DataItem, which is the sales invoice line, isn't listed.
  • Options
    Rob_HansenRob_Hansen Member Posts: 296
    Anyone interested in using NAV queries should look at our ReportPath product as an output mechanism. The product does a lot more than this, but here is a link to the page showing how it enables query output to be exposed through the NAV user interface easily: dynamicspath.com/products/reportpath/nav-query-output/.

The best part...we've made the add-on ABSOLUTELY FREE for all NAV 2015+ users until January 31, 2016. Contact info is on the website if you're interested.

I'll reply to your filter issue separately below.
  • Options
    edited 2015-11-13
    Try:

SETFILTER("Posting Date", '>=%1', CALCDATE('<CM-1M+1D>',TODAY));

(You may want to use WORKDATE rather than TODAY depending on how you want to support dates)
  • Options
    Thank you Rob. That worked as planned, now I see how the syntax works. I am reaching out regarding ReportPath as well.
  • Options
    Glad to help Normajm. You can email me at rob@dynamicspath.com for more info on ReportPath. It really is free until the end of January...not a crippled version and no upsells or anything. We think every NAV install should have it!
  • Options
    vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,123
    edited 2015-11-16
    Your CalcFormula does not work in all cases. Try what you get on e.g. Feb., 28 or June, 30.
    The correct formula for what you stated you want is
    '<-CM>'

<Cx> is the same as <+Cx> and gives you the last day in the period x. <-Cx> gives you the first day of the period.

And concerning the SETFILTER, always remember: The filter expression with all the operators goes to the second parameter. It's type is a string, so use quotes if you use a literal. The values to use in your filter expression follow beginning from the third parameter.