Options

Negative inventory and usning bin mandatory

HLLHLL Member Posts: 10
Hi
I need to allow negative inventory in NAV 2015, but I also need to use the feature Bin Mandatory on the stock location.
But this combination is not allowed in NAV 2015.

Is there anyone, who has any experience customizing NAV 2015, so that it will be possible to use Bin Mandatory, and at the same time allow negative stock ?

Answers

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I suggest another questions: Why you need that? Are all processes ok? Why you have negative qty on bin? What does it mean "I have -10 pcs on the bin"?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    I'd agree with Kamil. The request makes no sense. A WMS system should reflect reality. Having -10 pcs in a bin is not reality. I have the same question, why do you need this?

BTW - I know a client that modified their system to allow negative inventory in bins. It created a total disaster. Especially around inventory cost associated with physical adjustments. It also encouraged warehouse workers to be lazy. Paying no attention to what they was doing. I strongly suggest against considering this modification.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Options
    KowaKowa Member Posts: 918
    I also agree. Just to add one more reason: Stocktaking at bin level has to be done separately for each bin (not per item summed up for the whole location, that only works when you are not using bins). Since you can't count negative stock, this is not going to work.
    Kai Kowalewski