Options

How can i package newly codeunit as an add-in/add-on

ramzauchennaramzauchenna Member Posts: 2
edited 2015-11-06 in NAV Three Tier
Hi. This is my first time using Microsoft Navision or anything Microsoft. I have been able to modify exiting code units and even create new code units for my webservices extensions. I am stocked in a situation where i have to do this exact same modifications for all my clients but i don't want to repeat the same process of hand coding every singly modifications i have done. so is there way i can package all these into one add-on and just install having in mind that i have modified existing nav code. so installing this add-on will mean overwriting modified codeunits and adding new fields to tables and also installing new codeunits.

If it possible i will like a get started link on how i can begin if any or any solution towards this.

Comments

• Options
    vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,118
    If all your customers use the same base version, and have no individual customizations in objects affected by your add-on, you can just import the fob, replacing all objects.
    If this condition is not met, you need to merge the objects (export as text, merge, re-import, and compile).
  • Options
    ramzauchennaramzauchenna Member Posts: 2
    thanks, thats what i tot at first but any other options.